Singularity Research & Tech Release: Rooting Out Algorithmic Bias
In this preview of our latest Singularity research paper & tech release, you’ll learn why addressing algorithmic bias is vital to evaluate from a business and societal lens.
Experience the impact of Algorithmic Bias
Included in your content download you will receive the following:
- Algorithmic Bias Research Paper & Tech Release Preview
- A guided overview and sample of how the code for our Algorithmic Bias Workshop works with a dataset. See how slides for the workshop are generated, and try it out with your own data by downloading the package called “preview” (the code is in R).
As a Singularity Member, you get access to the full research paper and complete code for the technical side of the workshop.
The full paper explores:
- Ethical ramifications of algorithmic bias
- Financial and reputational consequences for businesses
- Potential regulations on AI technology
- The importance of mitigating bias in your organization
Click here to learn more about membership and better understand how to balance the transformative technology of the century with its potential unintended consequences.
What Is Algorithmic Bias?
Bias in AI is nothing new. Any AI system operates on bias to be able to differentiate between different parts of the dataset; there is no such thing as a bias-free algorithm.
But in the design of the algorithm, including in its training or dataset, there may also be entry points for unintended bias, and even intended biases can have negative downstream consequences unforeseen by the designers.
While it may not seem urgent on the surface, bias in AI is a critical issue for business leaders to consider and take measures to address. Besides the ethical ramifications of ensuring algorithms aren’t making unfair decisions or giving unfounded preference to certain groups of people, it won’t be long until there are financial and reputational consequences around bias in AI.
Plug into the network that makes innovation happen
Shaping the future means working toward real outcomes. Becoming a Singularity member can help you do that. Singularity members enjoy:
- An unparalleled network of experts and academics, corporates and start-ups, impact partners, governments, and investors across six continents
- Involvement in Singularity’s initiatives and leadership forums
- Access to curated content and training programs for you and/or your organization’s employees, like this Spark Live workshop
- A learning and innovation platform that teaches actionable insights on the subjects that matter of impact and exponential technologies